RE: Question:maybe urldecode

On 10 December 2004 13:27, Stuart Felenstein wrote:

> --- Jason Wong <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Now in an earlier response I asked you to track your variables and
> > see at which point they cease to contain what you expect
> > them to contain. Did you do
> > that? If you're not doing *your* part to help solve *your* problem
> > then what are you expecting from the list? Some "magic hands"?
> > Maybe if you've been a good boy and ask Santa nicely ...
> >
> I'm working through this logically, however logic
> equates in my universe.  Tracking the variables is
> meaningless right now since I haven't set them up in
> the search form, outside of naming the form elements.
> When they get passed to the next page (results) they
> exist  I've printed out the arrays, the
> (SERVER(QUERY_STRING), the resultset, and the array
> that is formed from exploding and imploding said
> QueryString.

AARRGGHHH!  Vague, generalized, woolly!!

SHOW US the relevant bits of code.  SHOW US what you get printed out,
especially anything that isn't what you expect, and tell us exactly what you
did expect.

> Where I now have done is added this code block into the search page:
>
> <?php
> $queryString = ($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
> $Ind = $_POST['Ind'];
> $State = $_POST['State'];
> $TType = $_POST['TType'];
> $JTitle = $_POST['JTitle'];
> $City = $_POST['City'];
> $Days = $_POST['Days'];
> $Recs = $_POST['Recs'];
> >
> It is not complete obviously. I'm working along the
> lines of parsing the query string, and getting the
> elements into the correct variables.  I imagine that
> is only one way of accomplishing the task.  Once the
> string values are parsed into the variables I can then
> echo out the values in each form element, aka:
>
> <select name="Days" id="Days" title="<?php
> echo((isset($_POST["Days"]))?$_POST["Days"]:"") ?>">
>
> Currently to test and work through all of this I have
> the search page set to action"". The QueryString
> though does return the correct values.

SPECIFICS, man, SPECIFICS!!

SHOW US the form -- we can't even begin to guess what data your script will
see without knowing what the form says.  Preferably tell us *exactly* what
each control on the form was set to when you submitted it.

> $queryString = ($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);

What is in $queryString after this? var_dump() it and show us the result.
Is it what you expect?  If not, what *did* you expect?

What is in $_POST before you start the next batch of assignments? var_dump()
it and show us the result.  Is it what you expect?  If not, what *did* you
expect?

> $Ind = $_POST['Ind'];
> $State = $_POST['State'];
> $TType = $_POST['TType'];
> $JTitle = $_POST['JTitle'];
> $City = $_POST['City'];
> $Days = $_POST['Days'];
> $Recs = $_POST['Recs'];
> >

> I'm sure none of this makes sense.

It may do, but it's mostly useless without the specifics.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx