Re: Removing a return character

Greg Donald wrote:
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:10:20 -0000, Shaun <shaunthornburgh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a system that scans through a CSV File and inserts each row into a
database. I have just noticed that some rows have a return character in
them - a small square - and this is causing errors in the mysql query.

Does anyone know how I can remove such chracters?

You can use one of the string replacement functions, eregi_replace()
for example.  If you're sure it's a return character then \r is what
you want to replace, or it might possibly be \r\n.

rtrim() will take care of all return characters at the end of the line, as well as white space. The 'small square' could be something else...some special character.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek