RE: FCK Editor

Vail, Warren wrote:
> I believe they this particular editor uses a html rendering and editing
> control that is a part of IE and windows (probably .net, but not sure).
> Probably won't work in these other browsers, because they are committed to
> their own editor.  If you don't have IE, then you are stuck with the
> textarea and coding your own html.  I know this list includes lots of
> individuals who like to remain off the beaten path (sometimes myself), but
> you sometimes pay a price for that.
>
> http://www.phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Statistics
>
> PHP Nuke's statistics page shows percentages of visits using various
> editors, you may find interesting.

[soapbox, not directed at Warran, Afan, or anybody in particular]

How to lie with statistics 101.

Ya know, I get more and more irked every day by the repeated use of low
percentages of browser users as a reason for non-standard usage.

The fact is, if you multiply that percentage by the number of page views,
suddenly it's a different scenario!

Also, every person I see who pulls out these stats does so because their
site doesn't support other browsers.  Well, duh.  If your site doesn't
work with my browser, I go away, and you get a lot less page views from my
browser.

But let's assume that reliable percentages for standards-compliant
works-in-all-browsers sites were actually available, and matched those
percentages posted.

Bottom Line:  Translate percentages into numbers of user, and then decide.
 You'll make a different choice. .2% is nothing.  .2% of 102369726 is
quite a lot.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm