php extension problem

Hi folks,

well, I hope you can help me out. I have a Windows XP machine running
Apache 2.x and Php 5.x. So far, everything works fine. I have placed
the php5ts.dll file in my System32 directory, kopied the php.ini file
in the Windows root directory and loaded the apache module for php5. So
far, the apache server with the php5 module is running fine.

Then, I've installed PEAR. Also, without any problems. But, when I tried
a test run I get the message that PEAR cannot find a extension.

Well, I altered my php.ini file and activated the php_mysql.dll
extension. I also specified the extension_dir. BUT, when I try to
restart the server I get the warning that Apache was not able to find
the specified module. In the alert-window, showing me the message with
the spcified path, I cannot find any mistakes. It is an absolute path
to e.g. "C:\php\ext" .

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Marcel