Re: splitting string

Remember, working code is better than pretty code, on any day.

If you have a system that you understand and it works (without excessively slowing the system down or grinding it to a halt), then stick with it. Over time you'll learn better ways of doing things. But, your first goal should be getting it to work and getting your desired output, even though you may be doing it the "hard way."