Re: Problem typing in PHP forms on Mac OS

I never had a problem with a Mac, nor any platform as long as I adhered to web standards. OK, so IE can be problematic especially with CSS.

Anyway, I notice that your input field doesn't have a value="" attribute. That may be your problem. I'm pretty sure it's a required attribute. IE is extremely forgiving of bad HTML, something MS actually bragged about recently.

You should run your web page through one of the validators on the internet. It will tell every little thing that is wrong with your html.
http://validator.w3.org/