Re: php mail() error

Hello,

On 11/14/2004 03:49 AM, Curt Zirzow wrote:
Requiring authentication is one common solution to not leave
relaying opened.

Common but not the *only* way.

That is irrelevant because most servers that issue the message above only allow relaying with prior authentication.

FYI, the class that I suggested implements both SMTP and POP3 based authentication.

Maybe if you try them you will realize that I am provide a plain simple solution for the problem of the original poster because it consists only in replacing the mail() calls to the smtp_mail() provided with these classes:

you know we're going down the same road that took up to much of my
time from the last time. You simply dont comprehend that your
solution is *not* the only solution and take offence to that.

No, I take offence when you label as spam the messages that I post suggesting solutions that solve the original poster problem.

We are just on the same road from the last time because you are still being childish and acting imaturely trying to insult me on a public forum.

You are only making a fool of yourself because you reveal that a) you are not providing any solution (sending people to go and figure what their problem is on Google is not a solution), b) you are underestimating my knowledge of many years about this subject.

Sometimes I forget names. But then when I notice the pattern of labeling as spam my messages helping others in PHP mailing lists, some bells ring.

This is the very first time i ever labeled your stuff as spam.

It is not the first time you try to offend me and obstruct my attempts to help PHP users, that is the pattern.

There aren't many people that get keep protesting against my messages of helping others with ready to use PHP components that I have developed for many years to solve problems like they present.

I have no problem with your solutions, I've simply stated that it
may not be the only solution.

Basically you have no clue what the problem is. That is why your reply was to go and figure in Google. If you had a clue, you would realize that a) this is a frequently posed problem, b) the solution is that it requires authentication because that is the default configuration for Microsoft SMTP servers. You can suggest other solutions (which you didn't) but those require changing the SMTP server configuration, which is usually beyhond the users possibilities.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/