Re: php mail() error

Hello,

On 11/14/2004 02:15 AM, Curt Zirzow wrote:
If you even paid attention to Jason's message a simple google
search for:

smtp 550 5.7.1 unable to rely for

returns a bunch more information than spam.

FYI, that is a common error message that SMTP servers return when they only allow relaying messages to remote addresses after prior authentication.

correct. prior authentication means you either authenticated via
smtp or have access other ways.. pop relay, fall within a certain
ip range.. etc...

Requiring authentication is one common solution to not leave
relaying opened.

Common but not the *only* way.

That is irrelevant because most servers that issue the message above only allow relaying with prior authentication.

FYI, the class that I suggested implements both SMTP and POP3 based authentication.

Maybe if you try them you will realize that I am provide a plain simple solution for the problem of the original poster because it consists only in replacing the mail() calls to the smtp_mail() provided with these classes:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl

If you really knew how SMTP servers work, you would have avoided making a fool of yourself with yet another personal attack against somebody that is offering a practical solution that solves the original poster problem.

my god.. you take it as a personal attack that I provide someone
else an alternative method of finding out what there problem is?

Are you still trying to insult my intelligence?

Sometimes I forget names. But then when I notice the pattern of labeling as spam my messages helping others in PHP mailing lists, some bells ring.

There aren't many people that get keep protesting against my messages of helping others with ready to use PHP components that I have developed for many years to solve problems like they present.

Then I remember that you are one of that elite of arrogant individuals that do not want me to help others proposing the use of my components because you belong to the "anti-Manuel Lemos bandwagon" as you declared yourself in the bottom of this message:

http://news.php.net/php.general/190968

Although, I am almost used to people like yourself, it is always kind of surprising to see that how much certain people act as if I am threat to their existence in the PHP world.

You ought to know me better in person to realize how pointless are your personal attacks against me. My lemma is that "cooperating is better than competing". I do not have a problem if you really try to help others, with your components or whoever. I don't know why you have a problem when I try to help with my components!?!

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/