Re: php mail() error

* Thus wrote Manuel Lemos:

> >>FYI, that is a common error message that SMTP servers return when they
> >>only allow relaying messages to remote addresses after prior
> >>authentication.
> >

> >correct. prior authentication means you either authenticated via
> >smtp or have access other ways.. pop relay, fall within a certain
> >ip range.. etc...
> >

> >>Requiring authentication is one common solution to not leave
> >>relaying opened.
> >

> >Common but not the *only* way.
>
> That is irrelevant because most servers that issue the message above
> only allow relaying with prior authentication.
>
> FYI, the class that I suggested implements both SMTP and POP3 based
> authentication.
>
> Maybe if you try them you will realize that I am provide a plain simple
> solution for the problem of the original poster because it consists only
> in replacing the mail() calls to the smtp_mail() provided with these
> classes:

you know we're going down the same road that took up to much of my
time from the last time. You simply dont comprehend that your
solution is *not* the only solution and take offence to that.

> >>If you really knew how SMTP servers work, you would have avoided making
> >>a fool of yourself with yet another personal attack against somebody
> >>that is offering a practical solution that solves the original poster
> >>problem.
> >

> >my god.. you take it as a personal attack that I provide someone
> >else an alternative method of finding out what there problem is?
>
> Are you still trying to insult my intelligence?

no.. just trying to expand other people intelligence.

> Sometimes I forget names. But then when I notice the pattern of labeling
> as spam my messages helping others in PHP mailing lists, some bells ring.

This is the very first time i ever labeled your stuff as spam.

> There aren't many people that get keep protesting against my messages of
> helping others with ready to use PHP components that I have developed
> for many years to solve problems like they present.

I have no problem with your solutions, I've simply stated that it
may not be the only solution.

> Then I remember that you are one of that elite of arrogant individuals
> that do not want me to help others proposing the use of my components
> because you belong to the "anti-Manuel Lemos bandwagon" as you declared
> yourself in the bottom of this message:
>
> http://news.php.net/php.general/190968

You're personal issues are none of my business, i simply povide
alternatives.

Dont forget you accused me of being a some sort of pear freak.

> Although, I am almost used to people like yourself, it is always kind of
> surprising to see that how much certain people act as if I am threat to
> their existence in the PHP world.

hehe.. php world? I'm only here to help people.

> You ought to know me better in person to realize how pointless are your
> personal attacks against me. My lemma is that "cooperating is better
> than competing". I do not have a problem if you really try to help
> others, with your components or whoever. I don't know why you have a
> problem when I try to help with my components!?!

As I have said time and time again.. you can always provide your
solutions that you've developed or have accessable to people.. but
dont mislead them thinking that your solution is the *only* way.

Curt
--
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."