Re: Sub selects vs nested loop was:Re: [PHP] You know you're a geek when...

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:57:41 +0600, raditha dissanayake
<jabber@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry no benchmarks, i am talking from personal experience where I
> converted some code from a php nested loop to mysql. I was rather
> surprised by the results. I will concede that I may not have optimized
> the query properly or that I may not have had the correct indexes, but
> since I have been doing this for quite a few years i like to think i got
> the query right. (feel free to deflate my ego :-) )

Well yeah.. It's hard to believe a well written MySQL sub select query
with proper indexing would be slower than looping through the results
with PHP scripting.

--
Greg Donald
Zend Certified Engineer