Re: MySql running on other server

lists-php wrote:
you don't have to install mysql, but you have to build it to the
point that the headers and libraries that php needs are available. i
think that installing the mysql-devel rpm for centos may be enough.

 Ok.. installed the mysql-devel rpm (could not find a centos specific rpm)

At the end of the "make" I'm getting a make error:

gcc: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so: No such file of directory..

in that directory I do have..

libmysqclient.so.10.0.0

... I seem to remember in this situation that one creates a symlink from the latest version to the base name.. i.e.

ln -s /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0 /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

I don't do this sort of thing regularly so could some one confirm that as a solution in this case..

Or...?

Thanks

John..