Re: MySql running on other server

Daniel Brown wrote:

    You'll need to add MySQL support to your PHP installation with
--with-mysql, but you won't need to run a MySQL server on the same
machine.

Thanks... I obviously misunderstood what I was reading.. It saw a lot of examples where

--with-mysql=[pathhere]

...was indicated.. Thereby suggesting that this configure switch was for a local install of mysql..

    You'll then need to configure the MySQL server to allow
connections from your web server and write your script to do the
connection - both of which are out of the scope of this particular
list.  I'm sure you're aware how to do both anyway.

Correct...