Re: MySql running on other server

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 20:47, John Moore <jbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to be able to access a MySql database running on another server.
> Therefore I don't think I use the --with-mysql.. based on what I have read
> thus far..
>
> Correct..

    Not correct.

    You'll need to add MySQL support to your PHP installation with
--with-mysql, but you won't need to run a MySQL server on the same
machine.

> That does not appear to be address in the docs so is there something else I
> should know about doing this..?

    You'll then need to configure the MySQL server to allow
connections from your web server and write your script to do the
connection - both of which are out of the scope of this particular
list.  I'm sure you're aware how to do both anyway.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx