upload_tmp_dir and open_basedir

/home on my machine is a symlink to /local/home.

In PHP 5.2.0: when I set upload_tmp_dir to /home and open_basedir to either /local/home or /home then performing a file upload fails.
In PHP 5.2.6 this seems corrected.
Which bug was that?

On another note, while I was reading the docs about open_basedir I was wondering: it says 'all symlinks are resolved', but what happens when the argument to open_basedir itself is a symlink (like in my case)? I suppose it is resolved too? So in the previous example, whether I use /local/home or /home or any combination thereof, all of them are resolved to /local/home in the end? Right?

TIA
Mark