Re: RES: Can't enable use_trans_sid

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Thiago Pojda wrote:

To: php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thiago Pojda <thiago.pojda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RES:  Can't enable use_trans_sid

De: Keith Roberts [mailto:keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Another question:

Is there a way to make php use these fields [hidden sessid] instead of
cookies for
session control? I still want to let cookies enabled for other stuff,
but as it's messing up with multiple sessions because of poor cookie
handling.

As the browser cookies use a different mechanism for storing
and retrieving cookies independently of PHP, I cannot see how
browser cookies can be clashing with your PHP session_id cookies.

The problem I run into sometimes is: A user opens a IE instance and logs in. The same user, on the same PC, opens a new instance (not from "Open in new window..." but from iexplore.exe) and logs in again. Then he has two independent sessions until the data from both sessions get mixed up, showing data from one session in another. I can't think of any other problem but erroneous session_ids being sent.

Have your users tried this with another browser, apart from IE, such a Firefox or Netscape? If so, do they have the same problem?

Regards

Keith