RES: Can't enable use_trans_sid

De: Keith Roberts [mailto:keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

>> Another question:
>>
>> Is there a way to make php use these fields [hidden sessid] instead of
cookies for
>> session control? I still want to let cookies enabled for other stuff,
>> but as it's messing up with multiple sessions because of poor cookie
>> handling.
>>

>As the browser cookies use a different mechanism for storing
>and retrieving cookies independently of PHP, I cannot see how
>browser cookies can be clashing with your PHP session_id cookies.

The problem I run into sometimes is:
A user opens a IE instance and logs in. The same user, on the same PC, opens
a new instance (not from "Open in new window..." but from iexplore.exe) and
logs in again.
Then he has two independent sessions until the data from both sessions get
mixed up, showing data from one session in another. I can't think of any
other problem but erroneous session_ids being sent.

> If you use a pre-built PHP application that also uses PHP
> session_id's, then that can cause a problem with your own
> website if that also wants to use PHP session_id cookies.

This is the only PHP app running, there are two more that sometimes run but
they're JSPs.

>I guess the obvious way would for PHP session_id's to allow
>multiple session_id_name(s), so each PHP application can choose
>it's own session_id to be know by. This would also imply that
>PHP has the capability to pass those multiple session_id's
>between the respective PHP applications that are running side
>by side on the same website. Maybe this is in the pipeline for
>a future release of PHP, or has it already been implemented?

Not sure what you mean, but I already can use two sessions for a while.
Perhaps I'm not getting through the language barrier, but I did not
understand you. :/

Thanks!