Re: Can't enable use_trans_sid

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Thiago Pojda wrote:
To: 'Keith Roberts' <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, php-install@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thiago Pojda <thiago.pojda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RES:  Can't enable use_trans_sid

*snip*

Another question:

Is there a way to make php use these fields instead of cookies for session control? I still want to let cookies enabled for other stuff, but as it's messing up with multiple sessions because of poor cookie handling.

As the browser cookies use a different mechanism for storing and retrieving cookies independently of PHP, I cannot see how browser cookies can be clashing with your PHP session_id
cookies.

If you use a pre-built PHP application that also uses PHP session_id's, then that can cause a problem with your own website if that also wants to use PHP session_id cookies.

I had this problem with one of my websites. Not sure how to work around this one yet.

I guess the obvious way would for PHP session_id's to allow multiple session_id_name(s), so each PHP application can choose it's own session_id to be know by. This would also imply that PHP has the capability to pass those multiple session_id's between the respective PHP applications that are running side by side on the same website. Maybe this is in the pipeline for a future release of PHP, or has it already been implemented?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

All email addresses are challenge-response protected with TMDA
[http://tmda.net]