Re: Apache/Tomcat known issues?

Hi.

Well, it is pretty simple. That MSI Installer (or any other variant) does not
affect Apache's (httpd) configuration. There are a few lines you have to add
to your httpd config.

There should be a small text-file named " install.txt" in your PHP-executable
directory.

Commands for Apache 2.2 are the same as Apache 2.0, so it should work.
However you can include PHP in two ways as "call script" or as "module".
This affects how responsetime, and the time needed to see changes in php.ini work.
"module" is more static, but you can do a bit more with it - and probably a bit
faster.

Here is my little config snipplet (change to your needs)
Add these somewhere in your httpd.conf.
> # Choose wisely ...
> # Apache 2.0.x
> #LoadModule php5_module "C:/php5/php5apache2.dll"
> # Apache 2.2.x> LoadModule php5_module "C:/php5/php5apache2_2.dll"
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> PHPIniDir "C:/php5"

------=_Part_8348_14494622.1193843378621

I have recently installed php 5.2.4 on my Windows XP machine using the MSI
installer, and specifying a Apache 2.2 configuration. The install went
without error, restarted my server without error, however, when I browse to
a test php file the browser tries to download it. I have searched
extensively on this to no avail.

Are there known issues with Apache/Tomcat integrated web servers? Is there
another installation step that I need to take to get this working?

Thanks!

------=_Part_8348_14494622.1193843378621

I have recently installed php 5.2.4 on my Windows XP machine using the
MSI installer, and specifying a Apache 2.2 configuration. The install
went without error, restarted my server without error, however, when I
browse to a test php file the browser tries to download it. I have
searched extensively on this to no avail.<br>
Are there known issues with Apache/Tomcat integrated web servers? Is
there another installation step that I need to take to get this working?<br>
Thanks!<br>

------=_Part_8348_14494622.1193843378621--