Apache/Tomcat known issues?

I have recently installed php 5.2.4 on my Windows XP machine using the MSI installer, and specifying a Apache 2.2 configuration. The install went without error, restarted my server without error, however, when I browse to a test php file the browser tries to download it. I have searched extensively on this to no avail.

Are there known issues with Apache/Tomcat integrated web servers? Is there another installation step that I need to take to get this working?

Thanks!