Re: Trying to load MySQL libraries from wrong location, configure failing

On Sep 2, 2007, at 10:08 AM, BuildSmart wrote:

After seeing the incorrect runtime path in the library I find it hard to believe that any app would actually run if linked against the libraries and the symlink didn't exist.

Actually it would be pretty much impossible becuase as far as linking apps are concerned, the library wouldn't exists due to the path so they couldn't run.

Hello, again,

See my previous email, as yes other programming environments work perfectly well with this MySQL installation and as a matter of fact so does PHP when using the packaged configure script. As my bug reported, the problem occurs only after rebuilding the configure script. And this is without the symlinks.

-J