Re: Trying to load MySQL libraries from wrong location, configure failing

On Sep 2, 2007, at 8:56 AM, BuildSmart wrote:
BTW this is the first time anyone has asked for any diagnostic information... Here is the output you requested:

$ otool -L /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.dylib
/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.dylib:

/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.15.dylib (compatibility version 16.0.0, current version 16.0.0)

You just found your problem and proven it's not a PHP bug!!!!!

Your libraries are using a runtime path of /usr/local/mysql/lib/ mysql but a physical path of /usr/local/mysql/lib and the failure occurs when it tests functions in the library.

You have two choices here, either use install_name_tool to fix the libraries or complain to mysql.org that they are providing faulty binaries (or both).

Well looks like once we get to some diagnosing we find the issue. To me where the issue lies (PHP MySQL or wherever else) is inconsequential. I would understand being dismissed if I was using some hacked up MySQL or PHP installation, but the packages I am using are the stock ones being provided the MySQL website and PHP website....

Now you say this is the issue and it may very well be, but if this IS this issue as you claim to be a problem with MySQL I would expect to run into problems with other programming environments, as a matter of fact I would also expect to run into trouble when compiling PHP with a the packaged configure script, which compiles without issue in my experience.

I am certainly not an expert in these things this is why I am asking, but if the issue is with the mysql libs why would things work with the packaged configure script, but not when the script it rebuild with buildconf... does not make sense to me.

-J