Re: Making concurrent installation of CLI & CGI SAPI with PHP5 source?

On Aug 22, 2007, at 13:24:53, John N wrote:

That's because the ports system generates multiple builds.

Yes. That's clear. As I have understood in the reference to the patches which I do see.

You can achieve this by generating multiple builds.

But, my question was as to concurrent builds in an automated way.

It is clear of course that multiple builds are possible by hand.

This might very well work in OSX, without seeing the patches and applying them and passing the source through the ADE I can only speculate on the results.

I'm sorry I do not know what the ADE is.

Apple Developer Environment (I spent the $9k and bought it)

I have earlier provided the URL for all the patches that are provided, at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/php5/files/.

I can easily see them.  Are you not able to view them there?

I haven't looked at them so I can't comment on their validity.

My point was, try the patches, if they work let us know, if they require a little tweaking let us know what you changed, if you want me to do it for you my fees are unreasonable for the average end user but if you have money to spend let me know what your requirements are and I'll calculate the time required to build everything in the ADE for environment compliance and compatibility purposes and give you a ready-to-go solution.

I'm already building PHP 5.2.3 in the ADE as universal for 3 different versions of apache (1.3.33, 2.0.53 and 2.2.4) and I don't suffer the date bug or the big endian issue (my source has been fixed to compensate for the architecture during build phases) so achieving what you want is more than likely possible but again I'm speculating based on the assumption that the patches do in fact generate concurrent builds as you state.

John