Making concurrent installation of CLI & CGI SAPI with PHP5 source?

Hello,

We are installing php5 on both FreeBSD & other *NIX-based servers.

On the FreeBSD Server, we use the Ports System.  When we build the port with

 WITH_FASTCGI=true
 WITH_CLI=true
 WITH_CGI=true

we have installed two binaries, "bin/php" (cli) & "bin/php-cgi".

But, when we install for, example OSX, we are not so lucky.  When we build the source with

 --enable-cli
 --enable-cgi
 --enable-fastcgi

we receive no errors, but only install one binarie, the "bin/php" (cli).  In this case, we haven't installed the "bin/php-cgi".

When I look in the FreeBSD port, and Google too ( http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/lang/php5/files/
), I see some patches that promise to "add the ability to build all SAPIs concurrently".

But, these seem to be only for FreeBSD port, and should not be applied to 'plain' source?

Is there a solution for building concurrently both of the binaries, the cli & the cgi, concurrently for OSes different than FreeBSD?

Can we use these patches? Or is it that we must use something else?

Thanks.

John