php5 and mysql support

Hello:

I am running a Fedora Core 5 system as a web server with Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.5, and MySQL 5.0.22

I would like to setup a PostNuke CMS website which uses PHP and MySQL.  However, when I get to the point where it needs to connect to my database to install the tables I get the following error.  Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Doing some research on this error tells me this is due to not having PHP compiled with MySQL support.  When I try to compile PHP 5 with MySQL support it fails saying it cannot find the libraries.  I understand that PHP 5 does not come bundled with the libraries or headers anymore.

Where can I get the libraries I need to compile PHP5 with MySQL support so my CMS site will work?   I've searched google and have also tried rpmfind.net and the yum repositories.  I've even searched the downloads at MySQL website and have had no luck with this.

Can someone please help me with this?    Your help is greatly appreciated

Jaysen