Re: php5 and mysql support

[ Jaysen B. Johnson, EMT-B ]

> Hello:
>
> I am running a Fedora Core 5 system as a web server with Apache
> 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.5, and MySQL 5.0.22
>
> I would like to setup a PostNuke CMS website which uses PHP and
> MySQL. However, when I get to the point where it needs to connect to
> my database to install the tables I get the following error. Fatal
> error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
>
> Doing some research on this error tells me this is due to not having
> PHP compiled with MySQL support. When I try to compile PHP 5 with
> MySQL support it fails saying it cannot find the libraries. I
> understand that PHP 5 does not come bundled with the libraries or
> headers anymore.
>
> Where can I get the libraries I need to compile PHP5 with MySQL
> support so my CMS site will work? I've searched google and have also
> tried rpmfind.net and the yum repositories. I've even searched the
> downloads at MySQL website and have had no luck with this.

You need to download and install MySQL[1] on your server, and then
point to the install-directory when compiling PHP:

  --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql

The configure-script should detect libraries in the
MySQL-installation. See "configure --help" for more info.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/

--
~ksvee				"When come back, bring pie!"
            			                -- Weebl