Re: Compiling PHP for MS SQL Support

People:

Let's get real here.

M$ is a commercial entity that views most of it's objects
and interfaces as proprietary product.

Linux, PHP, and almost everything distributed under GPL
is not a commercial entity, or usually has no cost associated.

I've heard of Ubuntu, but I'm not sure whether it is GPL
or not... which doesn't matter, because PHP is GPL... and
in this case, distributed under a possible license with
Ubuntu.

If I remember enough of the config that you need, MS SQL
can be accessed for input by ODBC... but I've never
worked with an PHP/M$ $QL mix.

Good luck.

Suggestion: Hit Google with "PHP MS SQL".
  One of the articles/sites that Google finds should walk you
through accessing MS SQL from PHP.  I would really think that
the PHP docs should have something about setting up access to
MS SQL Server.