Re: file transfer question

 Roy wrote:

> I bought a computer with a built in card reader when windows 7 came out. I guess the speed of the reading is whatever my computer's bus speed is. I do know that my hard drives can communicate up to 3 Gb (Sata II specs)

Some cards are faster than others. I'm using a Kingston SDXC 64GB 10. I think I look it up on the web to see how fast it is.

meant to add Flash Memory Toolkit is worth having, it's free -
http://flashmemorytoolkit.com/download.html

it prompts 'try or buy' each time it's launched, select 'try' and it just works.. gives you actual file read/write speeds..  it IS surprising how different card readers perform speed wise, likewise USB thumbdrives and memory cards -  and can help you select the fastest ports, protocols or readers.

there's been more than a few occasions I've found counterfeit (slow) disks, fake capacities and disks that simply do not perform to manufacturers specifications and in most cases this little bit of freeware has saved headaches ... and money as it's been able to get me refunds on dud products,