From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: photoforum <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Feb 28, 2019 12:55 pm
Subject: file transfer question

Hello all.

I use the full line of Canon 5D cameras…original, 2, 3 and 4.

My most frequently used bodies are the 5DM3 which is 22.3 MP, the 5DM4 is 30.4 MP.

While it’s a nice difference in megapixels it isn’t ginormous, but downloading images from the 5DM4 to my computer (using firewire 800 on a Mac Pro running High Sierra with 32 gigs of RAM) takes ages. I’m using Lexar Pro compact flash cards (UDMA 7, 800x). My hard drive has over a terrabyte of available space on it.

Is this slow process of downloading normal when using these larger megapixel cameras?

Is there a link in my system that can be changed to speed file transfers up?

Thanks for any insight you can offer,

Lea

your kids . my camera . we’ll click