Re: My horrible mean nasty no good review. PF members' in PF gal...

In a message dated 4/10/2017 1:57:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, randyslittle@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Dan
To much other information in the frame to know what to really focus on.  Nothing seems to be the subject.  Bright orange/yellow thing draw attention out of frame.

    Randy, The bright yellow thing draws me into the picture to the old machines in the middle and the rippled old roof section draws me out. I wonder if this means I look at pictures like I'm reading --from the left side to the right side?

Roy
I don't know its just not my thing.  Don't get it. No clear subject of image.
    Randy, I'm just playing with colors and color schemes, sorta art for art's sake or color for color sake. I have strayed pretty far from traditional photography.

John,
Needs the rest of the story or something but it doesn't seem to hold its own as a single image.
    Randy, I think you need to bring some context with you to get this picture. Reminds me of existential cartoon character from the '60. You might just be too young to appreciate this. To me this is the best of this set of pictures.

Chris
It was.

     Jim
Looks like you went overboard with the clarity slider.  Don't thing it needs to be this crunchy.  That's just my taste though.
    Randy, This was shot at iso 3200 on a "35 half frame camera"  so I think the crunchiness is a function of the capture and what ever Jim did to make it look sharper.

Tina
out of focus?
Its like John's its a picture needs the rest of the VISUAL story.  It's disjointed from its context.

Gelman
needs a black frame to help it feel like it has more separation. Online it feels flat and to soft for my taste.
    Randy, I agree. A bigger print with more sharpenss is needed. The black frame is a good idea.
Roy