Re: Iceland phototrip august/september - anyone?

Jan,
Thanks for suggestions, but I never planned to bathe in Iceland's hot lagoons without urgent necessity (I've done this in Italy already).
And no hooking around anyway :)
Also I did not plan to go onto F-roads (there are places on these roads, that need REAL things, not tiny urban 4WD-s).
There should be enough to see and shoot close to regular roads. I mean all the possible Western part and South.
Extra gas would be a good idea. I most probably would have forgot that :(
Rental cars, due to gravel and sand and ash insurance, are more expensive anyway than elsewhere. And it's said that some rental companies provide real garbage :(
Would be easy to travel from hotel to hotel and spend loads of maney, if there was enough it. Alas, I'm really on budget and plan to sleep several nights on location (because of preferred dim and "morbid" lighting conditions and possible aurora as well). Coffee and instant soup on the go. Otherwise I'll get sunk into logistics.
Thanks anyway!
Rgds,
Peeter