Re: PF gallery updated on 30 JAN 2016

Some thoughts for the week’s offerings:

> On Jan 30, 2016, at 12:30 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 30, JAN, 2016. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
> 			Emily Ferguson - Snow

Rendering snow properly is quite difficult, you have done it brilliantly. This is a beautiful photograph.

> 			Randy Little -

Another photograph with snow shown quite well. The snow drift at this height on the post really give the sense of how much there was.

> 			Art Faul - Key Bridge over the Potomac, 1977

This shows the power and strength of the structure. It must have been quite a process when they were building it over your head.

> 			Yoram Gelman - Chipmunk Abstract

More than just a snapshot of the scene, this is composed and photographed very well. The chipmunk made an interesting pattern.

> 			John Retallack - Russian telephone: Moscow 1992.

The man moving past makes the entire image work. The dynamic of his motion contrasts the static elements well.

> 			Mark Harris - Candle Smoke #10

Does anyone see anything other than a horse head? More play like this ahead.

> 			John Palcewski - Pushi

A wonderfully calming scene. The composition is terrific. I might have been tempted to do this in B&W, I’m very glad you did not!

> <SNIP>

Mark Harris