Re: Last minute PF gallery additions?

This discussion reminds me about some of my bunk mates at summer camp around 1958.  There were two ham wave operators who were on the air quite often.  But whenever they found someone to talk to, it was always about what equipment they had, how they modified it, or what distances they were able to connect.  Once in a while they greatly expanded their conversation to talk about the weather -- but mostly how it affected their transmissions.

The point is, I enjoy Seeing some of the photographs on this site and sometimes talking about them as art or whatever -- without necessarily wanting to know about how they were produced although sometimes that's also interesting.

But why lament on the lack of chatter about old darkroom stuff?  Yes, we're different, we digital people.  But remember, photographers were different too, compared to painters.  If there is that much desire to discuss old darkroom stories, just go to another listserve.  And certainly there are other forums about alternate photography.

My ten cents,
  -yoram