Re: PhotoForum Digest, Vol 101, Issue 1/giving up film

I have almost equally happily, never advanced into the frenzy over digital so I am not fretting over the right 85mm f1.2 lens, or wondering when I can get my hands on the Canon 5ds.

I have an acquaintance who recently ditched all his non-D Leitz lenses for being non-D. There were 16 of them. I would rather have had the new Volvo XC90 as being warm and dry in wet weather is far more important than the “D” on a lens.

I have always been of the opinion that the most important piece of the puzzle is the mind behind the eye, and not something made in black by a corporation.

For proof of that statement, just review some of the rubbish shot by the estimated 8 million folks who own L lenses on 5D bodies. I own 7 L lenses, so who owns the rest?