Re: best focal length for portraits?

I think distortion woul dbe the biggest issue with wide angles, a 18mm can make the nose look too big.

I think a normal to a short tele work fine, even though I have used 50, 90, 135, even 200mm for portraits depending on the space, light available and location.
The ain advantage of the short teles for me is distance, which allows light to be flatter and facial features to remain in proportion.

I wonder if we caoul tie this back to the telecetric discussion of a few days back, since those are the lenses used to have the machine recognition of sizes