Re: Use of Film-camera lenses with Digital

A few years ago, I bought a Voigtlander rangefinder and with it a couple of lenses plus an M adapter. My favorite lenses have proven to be the Voigtlander 28mm f2 and the 15mm f4.5, AFAIK, the only major difference from film to digital is that the lenses for film are not ‘optimized’ for flat sensors.  I think it’s really just a way to get us to buy more photo crap we don’t need.

I use film lenses on my 5D and tested film lenses on a Mamiya 645D with Leaf back and I can’t see a discernible difference. Maybe I’m too old to be young and gullible.