Use of Film-camera lenses with Digital

Having recently acquired a Fuji XE-1 body only I need lenses, possibly no more than two.  My question today is - are re-cycled film camera lenses as usable in front of a digital sensor as they once were in front of film - or does the image quality suffer ?  In particular I’m looking at one of 35 mm size (50 mm equiv.), plus a small wide-to-medium zoom.  And not expensive lenses like Leica, more Pentax and Canon screw fitting are within my price range.

Dan Mitchell
danmdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dan Mitchell
Please reply to --danmdan3842@xxxxxxxxx