Re: 7 PF members exhibit on 01 NOV 2104

On Nov 1, 2014, at 11:46 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated November 1, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
> 			Jan Faul - Camera Obscura, Seal Beach
Yes?
> 			Rob Talbot - Esor Yram
I smell something fishy here.  Or maybe yreeb.

> 			Jim Snarski - Great Egret
The shadow isn't really worth leaving all that space behind the bird.  I still prefer to follow the logic of having more space where the thing is facing than behind it.

> 			Klaus Knuth - Ye Olde Schoolhouse
Many illustions contrive to make the image appear non-level.  this is very disconcerting to me.

> 			Emily Ferguson - Four
Hail Mary shot
> 			Roger Eichhorn - Cuba in January
Lovely light, nice colors but not enough to mark this as distinctively Cuba.  A shame, also, to make the uniqueness of the place so secondary to the commonplace of non-native people.  Perhaps the Cuba you experienced was not as gritty as it is often portrayed?

> 			John Retallack -
Yes, nothing is sharp.  Did you want that?  If so, why?

> 			Christopher Strevens - Dinner
Looks like it needs a few hours before being ready to eat, and some sour cream.  And some editing attention.

> 			Yoram Gelman - Allium / Invictum
I'm finding the lighting really obscures the subject rather than revealing it.