Re: Large print - quality issue

You’ve never seen the difference because your eyes can’t see anything greater than 355 (or so) dpi. That’s why Epson cleverly puts their dpi at 360.

On Sep 2, 2014, at 11:54 AM, PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

I've never seen the difference between 300ppi vs 360ppi file but I haven't done testing in a massive blow up. Epson printers do not lay down a single drop per pixel. For a 1 inch 300ppi file Epsons printers put down 1440dpi for that 1 inch file. In the vertical direction (i.e. how the paper goes thru the printer)  the dpi is 2880 for Epson photo printers. I decided at the time I did my testing (years ago) that I would stick with the 300 ppi files to keep the file size down as storage was an issue then.
Roy