Re: List taking a nap???

At 5:46 PM -0400 7/19/14, John Palcewski wrote:
Okay, okay, OKAY!  I get it.  Here's a crit.

Emily L. Ferguson, Lotusblume. This is wonderfully busy and complex and compelling, and if this were mine I would tweak the saturation and contrast just a bit to make it more vivid. On the other hand this would make it less subtle and delicate. Either way, great shot.

In my experience yellow and green are very dangerous to push too far. Yellow just suddenly jumps to orange with only the tiniest tweaks and we all know that computer monitors really struggle with greens.

Thanks for liking the shot. I don't go to Newport as much as a couple years ago but every time I have a shoot at the New York Yacht Club I know I'll be able to see something amazing in their tiny water garden. If it weren't so far away I'd go back more often. There were 30 or 40 buds on those plants the day I was there.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  508-563-6822