PF memers exhibit on 07/18/2014 -- comments

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 18, 2014.

                        Emily Ferguson - Lotusblume
I agree with Palcewski's "compelling" comment and about contrast -- but not about the saturation.  Emily's conservative reply is more to my view.

                        Jim Snarski - GBH At Work
Nice moment to capture the image -- just before the fish gets turned around and goes down whole.  I like the way the bird and the disturbed water stand out from the darker background.

                        Art Faul - Trainspotters, Point of Rocks
Placing the view of the beautiful station house in the distance gives it good context.  The No Parking sign, the yellow traffic barrier post, and the rightmost signal tower are very distracting to me.

                        Bob McCulloch - Swimming Hole
Lovely spot, but the photograph with its caption act only as location indicators.  Maybe some animal or human activity could transform the image.

                        John Palcewski - Meleagris gallopavo
Nice lighting, elegant bird.  Notice the formal attire with the watch fob (but missing the watch! tsk tsk.) and how it strides across the road getting to the other side.

                        Yoram Gelman - Sunrise
My shot was a quickie, with a point and shoot on automatic setting which was trying to brighten (and ruin) the whole thing.  So focus was good enough, thank you!  I'll try harder next time.

  -- www.ygelmanphoto.com