Σχετ: Have we gone too far with Digital?

we have definitely gone too far, too soon.
I happened yesterday in our camera club. One of the new guys tried his hand on film (without asking first). He showed us the results of two rolls of which were scanned.
At first he as complaining for not getting too much sharpness and depth of field...I do not know about the sharpness, but I had to explain me that he should expect lesser DOF since he was shooting a larger format (all of the cameras between us are APC sensor sized).
But next, he ddi have real trouble with GRAIN...I mean alot and he used 400 and 100 ASA film!
Sometime along the the conversation he slipped it out....
Occasionally he would reset the cameras ISO at higher values!
(obviously scanning auto compensated for the underexposure but that does not mean that grain did not flare up!)
I think we have put ourselves in an automatic vs stickshift driving analog.
it can be done but it is more helpful - in the long run- the old way