Re: sheen and iridiscence?

All autofocus camers recomend against linear polarizers. Linear polarizers
work just fine on my leaf as well as arri sony and red digital cinema
cameras.   Have you guys tried using different color spaces? sRGB is crap
and abobe rgb isnt all that. Much better but has a lot more gamut then
srgb. I dont know why 35mm limits to those 2 profiles. Leaf and phase one camera rgb are bigger gamut then even prophoto rgb. Im going to go out on
a limb and say either in camera debayer jpg or abobe light room raw
conversation. If there is a item not bugish that i can shoot with my leaf
to see if its a simple camera gamut issue I can take a stab.

it's the bugs that are causing the problems... any chance you'd like to visit a local zoo or any such place that may have iridescent butterflies/spiders/bugs and see how you get on there?

I know with any media, angle of attack is pretty important to get these colours right, but even being aware of that and framing them appropriately it seems most sensors have issues coping with the colours.. but as I said before, distance from the subject does appear to play a part