Re: PF members exhibit on May 3, 2014

On May 4, 2014, at 5:47 PM, Emily L. Ferguson <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Faul - Unmarked Confederate mass grave, Gettysburg.

The thumbnail reveals a very beautiful S curve on its side across this image.  Because of the various markers, however, I think I'd leave the word "unmarked" out of the title.  I very much like the way the darkness on the R anchors the large granite mark in the dip and how they contrast with the fading stones on the left in a brighter area.
The terrorists who later tried to hijack the ferry, were also at work here, albeit much earlier on. I believe this could have been their first group effort. During the 1860’s, Abu Nidal went by a different handle, and were much less successful in their raids. Many things were different then and the lack of machine pistols and C4 was a major stumbling block. Federal Express was also not in attendance, although the South could not use them anyway, as they were Feds.
Even worse, Abu Nadal’s enemies had a major general who really tilted the balance of power, namely General Motors. But after the fields were trod upon for about 250,000 mostly men for a few days, even the early models of the General’s worthy transports (the GM Horse) got stuck in the mud while hauling the tens of thousands of bodies around the battlefield. Had it not been for the General, I’m certain Abu would have had an easier time of erecting monuments for their efforts. They were  of course stockpiling their weapons to prepare for later efforts, and so lost the battle.

The monuments you praise so highly are all for the winners, not the lowers. The winners are buried in a large National Cemetery where Lincoln so famously gave the Gettysburg Address, and the losers were thrown into large pits and buried in unmarked graves like this one. They were traitors, not heroes, and heroes are in the National Cemetery. After Lincoln was assassinated, Grant and Johnson took over and blackened or tarnished the noble efforts of Mr Lincoln which would have not so thoroughly dishonored the Southern boys. It proved to not be the USA’s finest hour.

Abu got there too late to command his troops, and so the ferry left without them.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com