Re: PF members exhibit on May 3, 2014

At 3:04 PM +0000 5/3/14, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 3, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Dan Mitchell - Early Light

Some fog would add a lot to this image.

John Palcewski - Blossoms

I'm not finding anything here particularly exciting, or attention holding, or evocative. Aside from needing magic light and something distinctive about shape or color, it's very difficult to take a photography of flowers that hasn't been done a skillion times before.

Emily L. Ferguson - Spring in the White Cedar Swamp, Wellfleet, MA

Another slow panning experiment intended to convey the mood of being in the swamp.

Art Faul - Unmarked Confederate mass grave, Gettysburg.

The thumbnail reveals a very beautiful S curve on its side across this image. Because of the various markers, however, I think I'd leave the word "unmarked" out of the title. I very much like the way the darkness on the R anchors the large granite mark in the dip and how they contrast with the fading stones on the left in a brighter area.

Andrew Davidhazy - Soaring

The different types of movement that birds use to get around are especially difficult to reveal so as to differentiate between ascending and descending. So soaring can be up or down. In this case stopping the motion with a fast exposure speed doesn't seem to help.

Don Roberts - Iridescence?

It may be iridescent, and we've discussed some of the technical parts of revealing that, but I'd want to get a bug book to make sure it's not an invasive and problematic alien! I would hazard a guess that changing the angle of the camera to the angle of the light might help to capture the glitter.

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

Nice to see some submissions.  Please send in more next week!
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  508-563-6822