Re: Corpse Photography

On May 1, 2014, at 7:01 PM, klausknuthmail@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

My personal theory is that these photographs follow in the tradition of creating death masks to preserve memories or create painted portraits.

And everyone is different, I guess.  I myself am quite content to not have seen my dad (or have a photograph of him) after he died. I’d rather have a living picture of him in my heart.

Me too. My Dad died in Philly while I lived in Copenhagen and I’ve seen enough bodies to last a lifetime. I did not need to see him dead face as I aave plenty of wonderful memories.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com