Re: Corpse Photography

When my brother drowned my dad asked that I photograph him in his casket. I was exceptionally uncomfortable with it for a vast array of reasons (not the least of which was that my brother and I were very close and I was grieving deeply) and originally said no, I didn't think I could do it.

Dad then told me that the family had photographs of their deceased going all the way back to the dawn of photography…grandparents, great grandparents, etc.

Knowing that by taking the images I would be adding to the history of our family, I agreed.

They aren't photographs that I look at very often but I am glad I have them.

Mostly, I'm glad I it this for my dad.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com