Re: PF members new photographs on March 29, 2014

Regarding my image of the lace factory last week: I am completely comfortable with Emily's comment about the name and location of the factory.  We can learn things from critical comments -- even when we reject them.  We can even debate the critical points.

What is disgusting, however, are personal attacks on critics and artists.  Occasional instances of these are bearable, but when they are constantly spewed -- especially accompanied by pitiful self-aggrandizment -- it leaves a decidedly unpleasant taste.

It's true that hitting the delete button is always an option, but why must people have to see it before they delete it?.  Or, perhaps deleting before reading is also an option.  But I resent having to resort to that.

Although the Forum is unmoderated, I think that a small degree of moderation is necessary following a history of abuse.

  -yoram