Saving stock photography?

“The inherent problem with the stock photography industry is that companies care about companies … and they care about keeping their margins high — 70 percent plus,” Livingstone told me recently. “I thought: Why don’t we try and do things completely backwards? Let’s invert that revenue pyramid so that photographers are on the top.”

Livingstone should know. He started iStockPhoto and sold it to Getty Images for $50 million.

It's all here:

http://bit.ly/1gFfIcx