Re: PF members exhibit Oct 12, 2103

At 8:07 AM -0400 10/12/13, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated October 12, 2013. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
	Jim Snarski - Punkrock Bird

Great sharpness, but there's not enough space in front of the bird, and, altho the roses are not sharp, they're too sharp to not steal attention from the bird. Still, getting this kind of shot is a special skill and it's fun to look at as well.

	Howard Leigh - BOB

A shame the light is so flat, and the face so flat as well, not to mention that the eys are concealed behind shades. I don't get much affect from Bob except that he actually likes those awful stiff-fronted hats, and can't let go of his life 60 years ago.

	Dan Mitchell - Watching

Three people in positions which indicate they are utterly unrelated to each other and could be standing in front of any sort of picture window in any tall building. Back lighting is hard, and you did pass on the silhouette option (altho for all I know of the place, you might not have had that) but still I'm not finding much shape here to give me a reason to make a story.

	Bob McCulloch - Autumn Stream

It may be a shame the image is so small. There's a lot of data which might like to be examined for sharpness, or choices about point of unsharpness. Still, I would like to have been down much lower if I'd been shooting this. The line of the creek to lead the eye to the far-away starts way too far below my feet.

	Art Faul -

I would tilt it up just a bit, it feels like I could slide off the top onto the macadam beyond.

			John Palcewski - You're So Funny

? I don't see funny, but maybe it's John's recollection prompted by the juxtaposition of clothespins and icon and memory. If I was told my lover was counting clothespins while I was laboring to give her a sexual treat, I'd be unhappy, not laughing.

			Kostas Papakotas - Fish Scout

Man leaning over water with no indication of why.

I guess I'm in a snappish mood today. Forgive me if I'm a little hard on you all...

To participate in this activity find instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx