Thoughts on All images

Friday 11th October

Comments from Howard

First sincerest apologies for not having contributed over recent months - retirement has made life so much hectic!

Punkrock Bird, by Jim Snarski

My daughter, who paints for a living would love to tackle this! I particularly like the background, with the flower detail blurred but not beyond recognition and the remainder completely gone. (I dislike the word bokeh!)

Cattails, New Hampshire, by Emily Ferguson
Nicely conceived and executed, but not to my taste - happy with the blur, but I prefer to have some "central" theme within the movement.

Bob - my photo
I have to confess that the original image is, sadly, slightly blurred. No excuses. Mea Culpa… But I still like it!

Watching, by Dan Mitchell
I like it, though the Shard itself is for me an abomination on the skyline of London!
This poses an obvious but unanswerable question, like so much in photography.

Autumn Stream, by Bob McCulloch
Unlike Jan I like the peaceful, pastoral tranquillity of the scene. It could so easily have been the subject of am English landscape artist of the 18th Century, and well interpreted in oils or watercolours.

Jan Faul
An excellent graphic image. Your technical skills here have complemented your graphic ideas very well indeed! Something that could only be conceived with a technical camera.

You're So Funny, by John Palcewski
I love the juxtaposition of clothes line and pegs with the religious image, so important in a catholic community. And that I felt was sufficient, the "story" added nothing for me, indeed, detracted slightly. The photo works well by itself, I think.